Sunday 4 September 2011

Sundays are My Chill Days

Growing up, Sundays were always a day of rest in my household....things like T.V, taking part in any sports, shopping was not allowed.  Did I like it? No not always....but over the years my family became more relaxed as I got older. There were a few things I adopted myself. I try not to shop on Sundays, nothing to do with religion....I remember working for 4 years at a Tim Hortons and hating working Sundays....I try to avoid making other people work. Since moving to a smaller northern community, the main town is closed on Sundays, there's a few variety stores and restaurants open, but I love it! No need to rush anywhere, just some quality you/family time, which is non existent in most families now.

I tried something different today. We are calling for rain this afternoon but it was a beautiful morning, so I decided to take a nice long walk.....with no cell phone, no mp3 player, just a bottle of water and my keys. I have to say I enjoyed it.....I was able to mentally able to plan out some things, figure out a few other things and get some fresh air.

Take a few moments for you today....it doesn't have to be anything extravagant...could be as simple as a cup of coffee, a family dinner on the porch, a brief walk with the dog, or just a walk to the closest stop sign and back.

No comments:

Post a Comment