Sunday 7 February 2016

Dedicated Time and Space Brings Higher Customer Data Base

Over the past couple of years I’ve been running a side business from home and I’ve been expanding with other side ventures.  So often people want to run something on the side to make a quick buck to supplement their income.

Many people don’t realize side business don’t grow without two important things, invested time, and a proper home office.

During the weekday I work my full time job, on my off hours I set aside specific times for business activities.

Before my full time job I have a scheduled time I check e mails (including social media accounts), source out contacts and reach potential clients. 

In the evening I block out a certain time to work on my side business. At that time, I’m not logged on to any social messaging apps and my cell is set to an emergency only ring. Texts are sent to my computer so only important texts are answered.

With the nature of my one side business, I don’t plan any unnecessary evening activities from Sunday through Thursday. However, if there is someone who needs my time for something important I’m not rigid.

A functioning home office is a must. Entrepreneurs can run a highly functioning home office at a minimal expense. I live in a small living quarter, but I have a section of my place dedicated to a small home office. My organizational supplies didn’t cost a lot, many fashionable yet functional items were bought on sale  or at discounted prices…even garage sales and local artisans can offer what you  need for a highly functional yet professional looking home office.

Small home run businesses can be successful if you devote the proper time and dedicate a proper working space.  Like anything, when you put dedicated time and effort into your small business it will eventually grow.


No comments:

Post a Comment